Thursday 11 September 2014

Preliminary Design Ideas/ Production Diary 1

As you can see from the pictures below I have completed both of my perliminary design ideas for this part of the task. I really like the layout and design of my front cover. Some of this front cover wasn't planned and I completed it free hand. I believe that instinct is key and if you drew or wrote something on the page you intened it to be there, so that is why I decided not to plan everything to the last detail and I was happy that it fitted the look I was aiming for.
I think I might make a few changes to my contents page however. I will probably change it throughout the process of actaully making the final product. I am not as happy with it as I would like to be as I think it looks quite bare and empty so as I go along in the actaully making of it, it will become a lot more filled and reach a place where I am as happy with it as my front page.
When chosing the colours of my magazine, I wanted colours that could be bold and stand out but also be subtle and not too in your face. As my magazine is about the arts, I did want the colours to represent that. The arts can be subtle but they can also push limits and be out there and by chossing the boldness of the navy and the subtleness of the beige, I believe it represents what I was trying to capture.
The reason behind the name is very simple, I wanted the name of the school and something to do with performing arts and that is where the title 'Haydon Spotlight' came from. It is bold, catchy and simple. Moving on to the stories, I wanted to include stories that could include all students however catered specifically for the arts. This is why I included stories about 'canteen food that helps you focus' but also 'new exta curricular arts clubs'. Even though my magazine is quite specific, I believe covered a variety of stories.
I haven't decided on what specific fonts I want for each part of my magazine as I am hoping that it just comes naturally when I start creating it. Before I start to make the magazine however, I will look at some fonts and pick which ones I like best and which ones suit each heading.
Before I start creating the magazine, I do think I may need to go ou and collect a few more pictures, but since I first took pictures a week ago, my magazine has changed and I don't think I have as many pictures to fit my magazine as I would like.
The next step in my perliminary task is too start working my way through creating the finished product. Even though I haven't had much practise with photoshop I hope to work out bits with the help of my teacher and peers. My target for the next time I write a blog post is to have started actually peicing together parts of my magazine and to have the pictures ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment